Thursday, July 3, 2014

Vintage Quilt: Daisy Pinwheel



Its Thursday and that means vintage quilt fun.

Here is this weeks inspiration, a Daisy Pinwheel quilt.


I love all these vintage fabrics and hand quilting.

Yes, this block uses curved piecing but don't let that scare you off. You can do it! The key is use lots of pins.


 Here is my tester block. I laid the slices out and noticed that the white background fabrics stuck out.
I unpicked the 2 blocks and reused the background pieces.


That looks better.

Some of the fabrics used in this block
Vintage Happy
Bee My Honey
Potluck


Here is the start of my second block. I labeled the pieces using my handy Frixon pen.
The markings disappear with an iron's heat.

I really like the background fabric I chose for this block. So modern and fun. A few pieces from Carolyn Friendlander's line, Architextures was re-released.
I am so grateful when fabric is re-released. I missed out the first time and I am going to stock up this time around.

The color slices are Up Parasol by Heather Bailey. I have lots of scraps left from this block and I have a few little projects in the que. It is so fun and girly




Want to get 25% off your fabric purchases? For a year? Check out our fabric memberships and save 25% off in our shop on every item! We also have machine quilting memberships

See these great fabrics here:
Up Parasol
Architextures

The grey cross hatch fabric is also Architextures and is an extra wide backing, 108" wide!!

You can find the instructions for this block here. 

2 comments: