Thursday, May 15, 2014

30's Reproduction Irish Chain Quilt


The good news is that the sun is shining today. The not really bad news but downfalls is that I couldn't get a good picture of this quilt. I can live with it.

I am really liking 30's reproduction fabrics lately. I made this quilt using about 50 or so charm squares. Sometime this year I will put together a pattern or tutorial. It was easy and quick. Two quilting qualities I can appreciate.

Speaking of writing up a pattern, Heather and I are hoping to put together all of the patterns and tutorials we have up our sleeves after the Quilt Barn makes its exciting move.


Maybe this is a better angle. Looking at this makes me want to make a scrappy version. I cut my scraps (a couple of times a year) in to 5" squares, 2.5" squares, or 2.5" strips. Then I am ready to go. This last round of scrap management I also cut dresden plates.


I want to show you the backing too. It is a cheater Grandmother's Garden print. It matches pretty good, I think. Sadly, we are out of this now or I would buy more.

I have more Handmade Wedding photos to share but first I am am going on a honeymoon.
I am a bit of a micro-manager in my home so I am a little anxious about leaving. I will leave everything in my mom's capable hands.

See you in a few weeks!

5 comments:

  1. That looks beautiful and I love the backing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cheater print makes a great backing! you completely had me faked out until you said it was a cheater :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and it is a cool backing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful quilt! the backing is a perfect match to the front.

    thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

    ReplyDelete