Monday, November 25, 2013

Organic Herringbone Baby Quilt


I think the half square triangle might be the most versatile quilt block ever. This herringbone version of simple half square triangles was new to me.


The pink solid, backing, and binding are our new Little Things Organic fabrics from Little Figs for Moda.

I used this free pattern by Anna Elizabeth Made


Amy usually long arm quilts my quilts but this was a small quilt (baby) and she is busy with Christmas deadlines so I did this one my self on my home machine. I did a simple echo stitch. I washed the quilt before bringing it back to the shop to display. The organic fabrics have a different feel (and smell, anyone else notice that?) and I wanted to see how it washed up.

Looks and feels about the same as non-organic fabric. Same crinkle after washing too.


 Jenele made up some cute Little Things bundles. I have this one in our Etsy shop and will be putting the other 2 colorways we have in soon.

Anyone else feeling the pinch with sewing Christmas gifts? So far I am on top of things but I am sure I will find something else I just have to make before December 25.
Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment