Friday, June 14, 2013

June Bed Window


Welcome to the second part of our June Window, the bed side.

I wanted to keep with a juicy pink color when putting together the bed window. There needed to be some cohesion with the Wedding in June window.

I had been working on a personal ironing table using a charm pack using a Happy Go Lucky.  I am thinking of making this cute little ironing table in to a class.
I had a vintage iron stuffed in my pile of treasures in the garage and dug that out. That stripey cord is so cute


 I knew the quilt I wanted for the bed but it wasn't mine. I saw this lovely quilt top hanging for Amy to quilt and we asked it owner if we could borrow it for a month. Thanks Kelli!!




I just love all these colors!
 

Now for  head board fluffing. I bought a collection of white hats a year or so ago and have been waiting for the right time to use them in the windows. I wound a strand of white lights around the top of the metal heard board and tied the hats across.


The spot beside the ironing table needed something. I dug around in that garage of mine again and found a white chair. I painted it pink (of course) and covered the bench seat in  a Denyse Schmidt decor weight fabric. I am kind of surprised that worked so well, mustard and pink.

There are a few more parts to the window but it is really hard to photograph. Darn plate glass. If you stop by let us know what you think.

Have a great weekend. I think I am actually going to find some time to sew. How about you? Got any sewing in the plans for the weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Oh how cute. :o)
    I posted my weekend sewing this
    morning. :o)

    ReplyDelete